- University of Auckland Bachelor of Human Biology (BHB), 1988
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB), 1991
- Diploma of Obstetrics, 1994
- Diploma of Paediatrics, 1994
- Fellowship of The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) 2003
Principle Investigator: Efficacy of zinc as an adjunct therapy in the management of severe pneumonia among Gambian children – an RCT. ISRCTN33548493. Commenced recruiting November 2005.
Implementation of severe pneumonia studies approved in successful QQ proposal, principally studies of social and environmental risk factors for severe pneumonia, and studies of aetiology of severe pneumonia using modern microbiological and molecular techniques. Also a translational collaborative project in partnership with Gambian government to formulate a national oxygen plan for the treatment of hypoxaemic children under 5 years of age in The Gambia.